MOBILE TEST


Pakiet - Sandomierski Region Winiarski

Na Sandomierszczyźnie od XIII wieku z powodzeniem uprawiano winorośl oraz prowadzono ...

Więcej

Pakiet Chwile we Dwoje

Przygotowaliśmy specjalną ofertę dla Par łączącą w sobie elementy romantycznego ...

Więcej

Pakiet Romantyczny Weekend

To wyjątkowa propozycja dla par pragnących spędzić romantyczne chwile sam na sam w ...

Więcej

Prev Next
 
The Manor Complex located at 2,Zawichojska Street in Sandomierz was first built in 1861 on the initiative of the then owners Matylda and Cyprian Strużyński. It was designed by the district architect Jan Lasota. The Manor Complex consisted of a manor house, an extension and outbuildings. Gothic bricks from the 15th-century Zawichojska town gate, which collapsed in 1857, were used as building material. Under the city authorities‘ decree, the bricks could have be re-used for alternate construction purposes.
 
Cyprian Strużyński was a well-known person in Sandomierz and was highly regarded by its citizens. In 1860 he held the office of the town council secretary. A few years later, he donated parts of his estate, which were located between the Lantern of Chocim and the Opatowska Gate, to the city so that it might erect a fire station. Strużyński was highly esteemed for his voluntary work. He was actively involved in the construction of the sewage system, and shortly before his death, he managed to extend the rail network to Sandomierz. Cyprian Strużyński is also the author of the entry about Sandomierz in the “Geographical Dictionary of the Kingdom of Poland and other Slavic Countries”, which was published in the 80s of the 19th century.
 
After Cyprian’s death in 1901 and his wife Matylda’s in 1921, their heirs split most of the agricultural land to the north of the mansion and sold it as building plots; thus the emergence of Winnica Street (current-day Andrzej Strug Street) on these lands during the 1930s. However, in the course of time the outbuildings (stable, barn, cowshed and woodshed) lost their original character and were dismantled in the 1930s.
 
Andrzej Strug (pen name of Tadeusz Gałecki) – writer, functionary of the Polish Socialist Party and senator of the Second Republic of Poland – was a frequent guest of the Strużyński family. His sister Wanda Gałecka married Tadeusz Strużyński, the son of Cyprian and Matylda. This is probably the origin of Tadeusz Gałecki’s pen name “Andrzej Strug” (he derived his family name “Strug” from “Strużyński”). In the summer of 1918, Strużyński hosted another distinguished guest, General Józef Dowbór Muśnicki. He was the commander of the 1st Polish Corps in Russia and the commander-in-chief of the Greater Poland Uprising. In the mid 1950s, the famous Polish writer Jarosław Iwaszkiewicz, who felt an affinity to Sandomierz, was very interested in purchase of the manor complex or at least parts of it. Although Iwaszkiewicz never concluded this deal, some interesting correspondence between him and his friend and agent Wincenty Burek is still extant.
 
In 1959 the Manor Complex was listed in the Register of Historic Places of the then Kielce Voivodeship. Although this historic house was a private residential building, it became subject tothe Landlord and Tenant Law for urban areas, which severely curtailed landlord’s rights. As a result, landlords were not allowed to renovate the manor house, which had been last conserved by the Strużyńskis themselves at the beginning of the 1960s. The condition of the mansion deteriorated rapidly and forced most of the tenants to leave the house in 1992 and the last one in March 2001. Only a private investor, who was willing to undertake a lengthy process of extensive restoration and conservation works, was able to change the disastrous state of the manor house. Małgorzata i Mirosław Tusznio took up this challenging task and in 2001 they bought the building from Mrs Irena Strużyńska and three other joint owners.
 
Until the spring of 2002, the old mansion of the Strużyński family was a repulsive sight due to its crumbling plaster, rotten wooden walls, the mended eternit tiles on the roof and the wild and rampant plant growth all over the courtyard. It was an eyesore to every enthusiast of Sandomierz and to all who could appreciate the value of these historic buildings; even more so due to the direct vicinity of the Old Town, the Opatowska Gate as well as the former Benedictine Monastery, where the Higher Seminary is currently located. Only a private investor, who was willing to undertake a lengthy process of extensive restoration and conservation works, was able to change the disastrous state of the mansion. Małgorzata i Mirosław Tusznio took up this challenging task and in 2001 they bought the mansion from Mrs Irena Strużyńska and three other joint owners.

Reprodukcja planu miasta Sandomierza z 1865 r.

 

The reproduction of a part of the city map of Sandomierz drawn up in 1865 by the district architect Jan Lassota, who then designed the mansion of the Strużyński family. In the upper part of the map is the mansion house. The map also features the outlines of the then existing outbuildings. The original map is available at the National Archives in Sandomierz.

 

  • Informacja o danych osobowych

    Informacja o danych osobowych 1. Administratorem danych osobowych Gościa jest Euro-Tour Sport & Travel M.M.Tusznio Sp.J. z siedzibą w Sandomierzu, ul. Skłodowskiej 37, 27-600 Sandomierz, NIP 864-000-09-29, zwana dalej „Hotelem”. .... Read more ...  
  • Opłata miejscowa - 2 zł / dobę

    Z dniem 28.04.2017 weszła w życie Uchwała Rady Miasta Sandomierza w sprawie opłaty miejscowej. Nowy podatek dotyczy wszystkich osób przebywających dłużej niż dobę w celach turystycznych, wypoczynkowych lub szkoleniowych na tereni.... Read more ...  
  • Już 100 000 Gości nocowało w naszym hotelu!

    Dnia 24.04.2015r. o godz. 22.19 został przyjęty na nocleg w naszym hotelu 100-tysięczny gość. Była nim jedna z osób z grupy konferencyhno-szkoleniowej przebywającej w naszym hotelu w dniach 24-26.04.2015r. Organizatorem tej.... Read more ...  

Zespół Dworski Hotel Sarmata *** ul. Zawichojska 2, 27-600 Sandomierz,tel.: +48 (15) 833 47 00, fax.: +48 (15) 833 47 01, mob.: +48 530 33 47 00 e-mail.: recepcja@hotelsarmata.pl